Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why Me?

The brisk wind was piercing my rosy cheeks as I bounded down the Rue de Rivoli in Paris, France. Not five minutes before I was at Princess Margaret School in Penticton, working diligently on an English assignment when suddenly an earthquake hit. A large chunk of the cement ceiling came crashing down and knocked me out. When I gained consciousness I was in Paris. Baffled, I bolted off what seemed to be a never ending cobblestone alley as i scoured the area for an explanation to this bizarre mystery. I ran up to a group of elegant ladies who looked like they were all wearing chic retro clothing. As i scrambled to put a sentence together one of the ladies continued to say "Princess Diana and her lover are on their way now!" Then it hit me. "What's the date today?" I asked the woman that made the exclamation. "Why, it's August 31st, 1997 of course!" Not only was I transported to Paris but i was sent back in time to the day Princess Diana died. Without saying a word I scurried down the boulevard and right to the place Princess Diana crashed. I didn't know which way she would be coming from so I decided to follow my instincts. If I was chosen to get sent here, I must have good instincts. I closed my eyes and started running to my right. The road seemed to be neverending, but then I saw it. I saw the car in which she was in that day. "Oh my God, what do I do?" I asked. I looked back towards the direction I came, and then it clicked. I saw a man holding a small gun, hiding in a bush. It wasn't the crash that killed her. She got shot! Panicked by my discovery I bolt towards him. He hasn't seen me yet, so I decide to act casual. As the car comes with the window open, I see him raise his gun. That's when i jump. Bang! "I did it," are my last words, as people gather around me and I take my last breath.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good start. Needs to be completed. No lower case i's.

    ReplyDelete